1965 Grand Prix Compressor Upgrade Kit
Compressor Upgrade Kit
Get this Kit when you'd rather upgrade than keep your 1965 Pontiac Grand Prix original and you are confident your evaporator, condenser, liquid hoses and pulleys are all working properly (call or email, we can help you figure this out.
Advantages of our 1965 Pontiac Grand Prix Compressor Upgrade Kit
- Lighter, smaller, modern, more efficient compressor
- Half the weight and bulk of stock A6 compressor
- Less horsepower drag, better fuel economy & performance
- 6,000 RPM continuous duty rating
- Eliminates rumble, vibration and belt slap
- Clean & attractive under-hood appearance
- Easy to install with NO modifications to your 1965 Pontiac Grand Prix
- Great for converting to 134a refrigerant.
More on converting to 134a.
1965 Pontiac Grand Prix Compressor Upgrade Kit Includes
- Modern, rotary compressor
- Compressor mount brackets
- Suction and Discharge Compressor hoses (Supplied with one end open on each, along with appropriate fittings. Trim to fit and either clamp or crimp new fittings on locally or send to us and we'll crimp and return them for free)
- Technically correct 180 degree fitting for evaporator so you can connect it to the support bracket just like your factory air conditioning hose
Essentially everything air conditioning related in the engine compartment except for evaporator, liquid hoses, pulleys, condenser, safety switch and Suction Throttling Valve (for early 65’s) or POA valve (for late 65’s).
The factory system did not have a safety switch, relying instead on a discharge outlet on the stock A6 compressor. The compressor included with this kit does not have a discharge outlet and so we strongly recommend adding a safety switch.
We recommend that as part of your air conditioning system repair, you convert to a 134a refrigerant system although that is not required. If you do convert to 134a, we'll need to recalibrate (recondition or rebuild depending on condition) your Suction Throttling Valve (for early 65’s) or POA Valve (for late 65’s). Both are Suction Valves used to regulate air conditioning system pressure.
Before and after picture of rebuilt Suction Throttling Valve (STV):
Before and after picture of rebuilt POA Valve:
to discuss your needs
Excellent attention to detail makes for a very attractive under-hood appearance and an easy installation on your 1965 Pontiac Grand Prix. Call or email us to find out how to upgrade your 1965 Pontiac Grand Prix.
Note: Our 1965 Pontiac Grand Prix Compressor Upgrade Kit was engineered for stock, factory air applications. If the engine or air conditioning of your 1965 Pontiac Grand Prix has been modified, we'll need to talk to you about a custom solution. Call or email us.
This Compressor Upgrade Kit also works for the 1964 Pontiac Grand Prix, the 1966 Pontiac Grand Prix, the 1967 Pontiac Grand Prix, the 1968 Pontiac Grand Prix, the 1969 Pontiac Grand Prix, the 1970 Pontiac Grand Prix, the 1971 Pontiac Grand Prix, the 1972 Pontiac Grand Prix and the Early 1973 Pontiac Grand Prix.
Frequently Asked Questions
Air Conditioning Solutions for your 1965 Pontiac Grand Prix
- S6 Replacement Compressor
- 1965 Grand Prix Condenser
- 1965 Grand Prix Air Condtioning Controls
- 1965 Grand Prix Evaporator
- 1965 Grand Prix Air Conditioning Hoses, Lines & Fittings
- 1965 Grand Prix Expansion Valve
- 1965 Grand Prix Air Conditioning POA Valve
- 1965 Grand Prix Filter-Drier
- 1965 Grand Prix Heater
- 1965 Grand Prix Air Conditioning Repair and Rebuild Services
- Other Replacement Parts?
- CONVERTING TO 134a