1971 Grand Prix OE A6 Compressor Kit
OE A6 Compressor Kit
The stock GM A6 Compressor in a factory air 1971 Pontiac Grand Prix is located on the passenger side of the engine. The Compressor is the belt-driven, engine mounted mechanism that serves as the heart of your car’s air conditioning system by pumping refrigerant through the system.
Keep it simple and save $ with this comprehensive OE compressor replacement kit. A great start to converting your system to 134a or refreshing your stock R12 system!
HERE'S WHAT YOU GET:
- A6 Compressor w/single-groove 5" diameter pulley - remanufactured.
- Full charge of Ester Oil compatible with both R12 & 134a refrigerants.
- New replacement filter-drier.
- New replacement expansion valve.
- Refrigerant tape.
- O-Ring & lubricant kit.
to discuss your needs
IF CONVERTING FROM 134a, THE FOLLOWING IS RECOMMENDED IN ADDITION TO THIS KIT:
- Flush all re-used system components to insure they are clean & free of contaminants. This may be performed simply by blowing the system components out with compressed air, but depending on component condition, might require liquid flushing with approved flushing agent. It is highly recommended that this is performed component by component. Feel free to email with any questions!
- Replace or restore all rubber hoses with barrier-lined hoses, unless current hoses have already been changed.
- Install 134a charge port adapters.
- Have your POA valve calibrated for 134a. We also sell rebuilt POA valves or can rebuild or recondition your valve for you!
More on converting to 134a.
We can also rebuild your A6 Compressor, sell you one, or sell you our S6 direct replacement compressor, which is designed to be used with all existing factory air conditioning brackets and hoses with no modification whatsoever. It is available with a single 5 inch diameter pulley in brushed aluminum (Part No. 5-206) or black (Part No. 5-209) and is pictured below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Air Conditioning Solutions for your 1971 Pontiac Grand Prix
- S6 Replacement Compressor
- 1971 Grand Prix Condenser
- 1971 Grand Prix Air Condtioning Controls
- 1971 Grand Prix Evaporator
- 1971 Grand Prix Air Conditioning Hoses, Lines & Fittings
- 1971 Grand Prix Expansion Valve
- 1971 Grand Prix Air Conditioning POA Valve
- 1971 Grand Prix Filter-Drier
- 1971 Grand Prix Heater
- 1971 Grand Prix Air Conditioning Repair and Rebuild Services
- Other Replacement Parts?
- CONVERTING TO 134a