1973 Grand Prix Air Conditioning Rebuilt VIR
Air Conditioning Rebuilt VIR
The 1973 Pontiac Grand Prix came in two versions in terms of factory air conditioning. Production began with a Filter-Drier/Expansion/POA Valve system but later models used a Valves-in Receiver (VIR) system.
The VIR combines the Expansion Valve, POA Valve and accumulator (which substitutes for the Filter-Drier) in one valve. On the 1973 VIR Grand Prix’s, the VIR is mounted to the Evaporator unit on the passenger side firewall.
to discuss your needs
Our Rebuilt VIR’s are carefully restored and gold zinc plated.
A core charge is also required and indexing may be required during installation.
We also offer individual VIR parts. Call or email us.
Frequently Asked Questions
Air Conditioning Solutions for your 1973 Pontiac Grand Prix
- 1973 Grand Prix Condenser
- 1973 Grand Prix Air Condtioning Controls
- 1973 Grand Prix Evaporator
- Late 1973 Grand Prix Air Conditioning Safety Switch
- 1973 Grand Prix Air Conditioning Hoses, Lines & Fittings
- 1973 Grand Prix Expansion Valve
- 1973 Grand Prix Air Conditioning POA Valve
- 1973 Grand Prix Air Conditioning Rebuilt VIR
- 1973 Grand Prix Filter-Drier
- 1973 Grand Prix Heater
- 1973 Grand Prix Air Conditioning Repair and Rebuild Services
- Other Replacement Parts?
- CONVERTING TO 134a