Early 1973 Grand Prix Air Conditioning Safety Switch Kit
Air Conditioning Safety Switch Kit
1973 was a split year in terms of factory air conditioning system design for Pontiac Grand Prix’s. The early 73’s used a Filter-Drier, ExpansionValve, and POA Valve. The later 73’s instead used a Valves-in-Receiver (VIR).
This kit is for the early 73’s
Protect your valuable early 1973 Pontiac Grand Prix factory a/c system & its parts with this high/low pressure switch kit.
This simple, easy-to-install insurance policy simply installs between the Expansion Valve and the liquid hose that attaches to it.
The harness, has a pre-molded connector specifically designed to connect to the switch, and is spliced into the wire that leads to the compressor-clutch.
to discuss your needs
How does it work?
When system pressures drop below 28psi or exceed 380psi on the system's high side, power is cut-off to the compressor. This prevents damage to system components such as the compressor, hoses and the extensive labor that goes into flushing the system out after major compressor failure.
If your air conditioning system is currently down or you are planning maintenance in the near future, it is highly recommended that you install this piece!
Frequently Asked Questions
Air Conditioning Solutions for your 1973 Pontiac Grand Prix
- 1973 Grand Prix Condenser
- 1973 Grand Prix Air Condtioning Controls
- 1973 Grand Prix Evaporator
- Late 1973 Grand Prix Air Conditioning Safety Switch
- 1973 Grand Prix Air Conditioning Hoses, Lines & Fittings
- 1973 Grand Prix Expansion Valve
- 1973 Grand Prix Air Conditioning POA Valve
- 1973 Grand Prix Air Conditioning Rebuilt VIR
- 1973 Grand Prix Filter-Drier
- 1973 Grand Prix Heater
- 1973 Grand Prix Air Conditioning Repair and Rebuild Services
- Other Replacement Parts?
- CONVERTING TO 134a