1975 Grand Prix Compressor Upgrade Kit
Compressor Upgrade Kit
Get this Kit when you'd rather upgrade than keep your 1975 Pontiac Grand Prix original and you are confident your evaporator, condenser, liquid hoses and pulleys are all working properly (call or email, we can help you figure this out).
Advantages of our 1975 Pontiac Grand Prix Compressor Upgrade Kit
- Lighter, smaller, modern, more efficient compressor
- Half the weight and bulk of stock A6 compressor
- Less horsepower drag, better fuel economy & performance
- 6,000 RPM continuous duty rating
- Eliminates rumble, vibration and belt slap
- Clean & attractive under-hood appearance
- Easy to install
- Great for converting to 134a refrigerant.
More on converting to 134a.
1975 Pontiac Grand Prix Compressor Upgrade Kit Includes
- Modern, rotary compressor
- Compressor mount brackets
- Suction (from Compressor to VIR) and Discharge (from Compressor to top fitting on Condenser) Compressor hoses (Supplied with one end open on each, along with appropriate ends or hose openings. Trim to fit and either clamp or crimp new fittings on locally or send to us and we'll crimp and return them for free)
- VIR Rebuild Kit w dessicant bag (If converting to 134a Refrigerant, consider our VIR Eliminator Kit)
- All the tech support you need
Essentially everything air conditioning related in the engine compartment except for evaporator, liquid hoses, pulleys, condenser, safety switch, and VIR.
The factory system did not have a safety switch, relying instead on a discharge outlet on the stock A6 compressor. The compressor included with this kit does not have a discharge outlet and so we strongly recommend adding a 1975 Safety Switch.
We recommend that as part of your air conditioning system repair, you convert to a 134a refrigerant system although that is not required. If you do convert to 134a, we recommend our VIR Eliminator Kit.
The VIR (Valves-in-Receiver) combines the Expansion Valve, POA Valve and accumulator (which substitutes for the Filter-Drier) in one valve. On the 1975 Pontiac Grand Prix’s, the VIR is mounted to the Evaporator unit on the passenger side firewall.
While the VIR systems function well with the old R12 refrigerant they were designed for, the inability to adjust their calibration makes them marginal at best for use with 134a refrigerant. Our VIR Eliminator Kit replaces the VIR with the Accumulator equipped cycling-clutch-orifice-tube (CCOT) used on modern GM vehicles.
to discuss your needs
Excellent attention to detail makes for a very attractive under-hood appearance and an easy installation on your 1975 Pontiac Grand Prix. Call or email us to find out how to upgrade your 1975 Pontiac Grand Prix.
Note: Our 1975 Pontiac Grand Prix Compressor Upgrade Kit was engineered for stock, factory air applications. If the engine or air conditioning of your 1975 Pontiac Grand Prix has been modified, we'll need to talk to you about a custom solution. Call or email us.
Frequently Asked Questions
Air Conditioning Solutions for your 1975 Pontiac Grand Prix
- S6 Replacement Compressor
- 1975 Grand Prix Condenser
- 1975 Grand Prix Air Condtioning Controls
- 1975 Grand Prix Evaporator
- 1975 Grand Prix Air Conditioning Safety Switch
- 1975 Grand Prix Air Conditioning Hoses, Lines & Fittings
- 1975 Grand Prix Air Conditioning Rebuilt VIR
- 1975 Grand Prix Heater
- 1975 Grand Prix Air Conditioning Repair and Rebuild Services
- Other Replacement Parts?
- CONVERTING TO 134a