1975 Grand Prix Air Conditioning VIR Eliminator Kit
Air Conditioning VIR Eliminator Kit
The factory air conditioning system on the 1975 Pontiac Grand Prix used a Valves-in-Receiver (VIR).
The VIR combines the Expansion Valve, POA Valve and accumulator (which substitutes for the Filter-Drier) in one valve. On the 1975 Grand Prix’s, the VIR is mounted to the Evaporator unit on the passenger side firewall.
While the VIR systems function well with the old R12 refrigerant they were designed for, the inability to adjust their calibration makes them marginal at best for use with 134a refrigerant.
to discuss your needs
Our VIR Eliminator Kit replaces the VIR with the Accumulator equipped cycling-clutch-orifice-tube (CCOT) used on modern GM vehicles. The kit includes:
- A new Accumulator
- Cycling Switch
- Orifice Valve, and
Simply install the Accumulator and Orifice Valve in place of the VIR, replace one end of your Suction Hose, and wire in the Cycling Switch.
This kit can also be ordered as part of our Engine Compartment Upgrade Kits, replacing the VIR Rebuild Kit. Call or email us.
Frequently Asked Questions
Air Conditioning Solutions for your 1975 Pontiac Grand Prix
- S6 Replacement Compressor
- 1975 Grand Prix Condenser
- 1975 Grand Prix Air Condtioning Controls
- 1975 Grand Prix Evaporator
- 1975 Grand Prix Air Conditioning Safety Switch
- 1975 Grand Prix Air Conditioning Hoses, Lines & Fittings
- 1975 Grand Prix Air Conditioning Rebuilt VIR
- 1975 Grand Prix Heater
- 1975 Grand Prix Air Conditioning Repair and Rebuild Services
- Other Replacement Parts?
- CONVERTING TO 134a