1976 Grand Prix Air Conditioning VIR Rebuild Kit
Air Conditioning VIR Rebuild Kit
The 1976 Pontiac Grand Prix used a Valves-in Receiver (VIR) air conditioning system.
The VIR combines the Expansion Valve, POA Valve and accumulator (which substitutes for the Filter-Drier) in one valve. On the 1976 Grand Prix’s, the VIR is mounted to the Evaporator unit on the passenger side firewall.
to discuss your needs
Our VIR Rebuild Kit is a factory correct replacement kit for 1976 Pontiac Grand Prix’ and includes:
- Sight-glass Teflon washer
- Tube clip
- Dessicant bag, and
- Filter screen
We also offer individual VIR parts and can even custom rebuild your original valve, including gold zinc plating. Call or email us.
Frequently Asked Questions
Air Conditioning Solutions for your 1976 Pontiac Grand Prix
- S6 Replacement Compressor
- 1976 Grand Prix Condenser
- 1976 Grand Prix Air Condtioning Controls
- 1976 Grand Prix Evaporator
- 1976 Grand Prix Air Conditioning Safety Switch
- 1976 Grand Prix Air Conditioning Hoses, Lines & Fittings
- 1976 Grand Prix Air Conditioning Rebuilt VIR
- 1976 Grand Prix Heater
- 1976 Grand Prix Air Conditioning Repair and Rebuild Services
- Other Replacement Parts?
- CONVERTING TO 134a