1977 Grand Prix Compressor Upgrade Kit
Compressor Upgrade Kit
Get this Kit when you'd rather upgrade than keep your 1977 Pontiac Grand Prix original and you are confident your evaporator, condenser, liquid hoses and pulleys are all working properly (call or email, we can help you figure this out).
Advantages of our 1977 Pontiac Grand Prix Compressor Upgrade Kit
- Lighter, smaller, modern, more efficient compressor
- Half the weight and bulk of stock A6 compressor
- Less horsepower drag, better fuel economy & performance
- 6,000 RPM continuous duty rating
- Eliminates rumble, vibration and belt slap
- Clean & attractive under-hood appearance
- Easy to install
- Great for converting to 134a refrigerant.
More on converting to 134a.
1977 Pontiac Grand Prix Compressor Upgrade Kit Includes
- Modern, rotary compressor
- Compressor mount brackets
- Suction and Discharge Compressor hoses (Supplied with one end open on each, along with appropriate ends or hose openings. Trim to fit and either clamp or crimp new fittings on locally or send to us and we'll crimp and return them for free)
- All the tech support you need
to discuss your needs
Essentially everything air conditioning related in the engine compartment except for evaporator, liquid hoses, pulleys, condenser, safety switch, and fixed orifice tube.
The factory system did not have a safety switch, relying instead on a discharge outlet on the stock A6 compressor. The compressor included with this kit does not have a discharge outlet and so we strongly recommend adding a 1977 Safety Switch.
We recommend that as part of your air conditioning system repair, you convert to a 134a refrigerant system although that is not required.
Excellent attention to detail makes for a very attractive under-hood appearance and an easy installation on your 1977 Pontiac Grand Prix. Call or email us to find out how to upgrade your 1977 Pontiac Grand Prix.
Note: Our 1977 Pontiac Grand Prix Compressor Upgrade Kit was engineered for stock, factory air applications. If the engine or air conditioning of your 1977 Pontiac Grand Prix has been modified, we'll need to talk to you about a custom solution. Call or email us.
Frequently Asked Questions
Air Conditioning Solutions for your 1977 Pontiac Grand Prix
- 1977 Grand Prix A6 Compressor
- S6 Replacement Compressor
- 1977 Grand Prix Condenser
- 1977 Grand Prix Air Condtioning Controls
- 1977 Grand Prix Evaporator
- 1977 Grand Prix Air Conditioning Safety Switch
- 1977 Grand Prix Air Conditioning Hoses, Lines & Fittings
- 1977 Grand Prix Accumulator
- 1977 Grand Prix Heater
- 1977 Grand Prix Air Conditioning Repair and Rebuild Services
- Other Replacement Parts?
- CONVERTING TO 134a