Mopar Parts & Services
What’s a car air conditioning compressor?
The compressor is a belt driven engine-mounted pump that serves as the heart of your car’s air conditioning system. It draws refrigerant gas from the Evaporator, compresses it into a hot gas and pumps it to the Condenser.
We offer parts and restoration services for a Mopar RV2 & HH Tecumseh compressors, clutches, clutch brushes, clutch bearings, manifolds and shaft seals. Have a question? All you have to do is call or email.
Why restore your compressor?
You should restore or replace your compressor if:
- Your air conditioning system has poor system gauge readings
- The compressor is leaking, has seized or is knocking
- You’re converting the system to 134a, More on Converting to 134a!
- Your AC system has been inoperable for a long period of time
- You’re doing a complete air conditioning system restoration.
Classic Auto Air can custom restore your original Chrylser RV2 or HH Tecumseh compressor for you.
Custom compressor restoration for all Chrylsler RV2 & HH Tecumseh compressors & clutches
The evaporator is the coil that is located in a box (called an evaporator housing or plenum) mounted behind the dash or on the firewall in the engine compartment.
The condenser is the radiator-like device mounted in the front of the radiator in the engine compartment.