When converting to R-134a refrigerant in a classic car, one of the key components to be addressed is your condenser. The original tube and fin design condensers that were commonly used in classic cars struggle to keep up with the increased pressures brought on by 134a refrigerant. This often leads to warmer vent temperatures and premature component failure. And that’s just not cool!
If you replace the factory tube & fin condenser with a parallel flow condenser you will increase your vintage auto’s air conditioning system efficiency by approximately 33%.
The result: cooler vent temperatures, increased fuel economy, component and system life. It will even help with your R12 system if you have not upgraded to R-134a refrigerant!
Here are the chief benefits:
- Dramatically increases system efficiency.
- Increased fuel efficiency, due to less engine wear.
- Ideal for converting to 134a, but also improve systems using the old R12 refrigerant.
- Clean, attractive appearance.
- Direct replacement, with no modifications whatsoever to the vehicle.
The best part? We currently have these units available for most 60’s through 80’s General Motors, Mopar & Ford.
Stay Cool!br> br>